Mobile Trailer Mechanic Department:
United States of America State/Province:
St. Paul Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Summary:
Set shift. Not on call.
Our Mobile Trailer Mechanics are responsible for servicing our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment at a customer site or rail yard using a mobile service truck. Specific duties include performing complete preventive maintenance services, replacing air lines, repairing/replacing brakes and brake chambers, repairing lights and wiring, welding, cutting, and other repairs. Job Description:What can we offer you?
If you are an experienced mechanic and this describes you...
- Steady work - set shift and not on call!
- Competitive pay and benefit packages- hourly pay rate, not based on job completed!
- Job security
- Our mobile service techs do not work roadside - you will work in a safe and controlled environment on site!
- Properly equipped service truck with the highest quality tools
- Strong family atmosphereand work-life balance
- 401K with company match
- "Promote-from-within" culture- opportunities to learn and enhance technical skill-sets
- Work on new, industry-leading equipment
- First class training
Take pleasure in working on late model equipment with the latest technology
Want to work for a company that provides training and advancement opportunities
Thrive on challenges that come with trouble shooting and problem solving
Enjoy the freedom of working outdoors without the confinements of a shop environment
Are confident in your abilities and enjoy working independently Here's why our mechanics love this job... "I left my last job because I couldn't continue to work 3rd shift. Most of our mobile mechanics only work daylight hours, so the schedule works great for me. Plus, I've got the freedom to schedule my daily tasks as I see fit. I've been in the mobile mechanic position for 7 years now, and I won't go back to the shop!" Ricky, Columbus, OH
"I work on customer sites and really enjoy visiting different accounts, meeting fleet managers, and learning more about how the business runs. I've worked in this position for a year but have been with J.B. Hunt for 6 years total. As a people person, this has been my favorite position." Gilberto, Dallas, TX "Mobile mechanics get to work on tractors, trailers, containers, chassis, and lots of other equipment, so there are lots of opportunities to grow your skill set and advance. I enjoy trouble-shooting, and every day is something different." Jose, South Gate, CA Qualifications:Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer.
- Must have proper tools.
Conditions of Employment
- At least 1-year of experience in federal highway inspections and air brakes.
- Certifications are a plus.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, employment verification, and background check to include a motor vehicle record (MVR) and DOT physical. Education:Work Experience:Certifications:Job Opening ID:
00351805 Mobile Trailer Mechanic (Open) "This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."
Posting ID: 555161633Posted: 2020-07-14