We have an immediate opening for a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist. Your work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00 pm and our starting pay ranges from $15.00+ per hour and is based on your work experience and skills.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable for assigned properties. The Accounts Payable Specialist works with various people at all levels, especially those at the property level as well as with vendors, and serves as the first point of contact for these companies should there be any question about invoices or reception of payments.
• Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Process invoices utilizing three-way matching procedures, up to 100 plus line items
• Audit and process credit card bills
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Assist with other projects as needed and performs other accounting clerical and administrative tasks which may include preparing bank deposits, handling the mail, etc.
* Associates Degree in Accounting
* 2+ years accounts payable experience
* Working knowledge of account payables, receivables, budgets, and expenditure control is also desired.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
* Work is performed in a temperature controlled office environment
* Significant amount of sitting is required to operate office equipment
* Constant need to simultaneously use hand, wrist, and fingers to operate office equipment
* Lifting/carrying 10-25 lbs. occasionally needed
* Constant need for hearing and speech to communicate with employees and vendors in person and on the telephone
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proficient customer service, interpersonal and follow-up skills for effective interaction with property management employees, corporate employees, and other business contacts
* Mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, fractions and percentages
* Excellent attention to detail, organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
* Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
* Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
* Medical, Dental & Vision
* Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
* Employee Referral Bonus Opportunity
Posting ID: 72369061Posted: 2020-07-14