Before and After School Child CarePart TimeSt. Charles YMCAPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position will develop, organize and coordinate high quality YMCA program(s). OUR CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Follow general direction and perform other duties as assigned by the Site Director
- Ensure the individual needs of the children are met within the program guidelines.
- Utilize sound judgment and discretionary skills in accordance with the Gateway Region YMCA policies.
- Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, parents, volunteers and program site administration and demonstrate strong public relation skills.
- Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
- Maintain an environment that ensures children's safety and well-being.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
- May serve as support staff based on needs of program participants, ensuring approved levels of support, assistance, and record keeping.
- Ensure zero tolerance for abuse and actively participate in the protection of youth and teens
- Performs all other duties assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Minimum of 18 years of age (17 years of age allowed must follow set guidelines)
- At least 1 year of experience working with children
- Ability to relate to children, parents, staff members and volunteers
- Follow directions, have strong leadership skills and be self-motivated
- Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
- Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Posting ID: 588363238Posted: 2020-11-20