Now Hiring Local Area Delivery Drivers!
The major job responsibilities of an Applebee’s Delivery Driver is to transport and deliver hot food orders in a friendly, professional, prompt, and accurate manner to customers wherever they are; and creating a positive delivery experience for each of our customers. Punctuality and honesty is the attitude required from Team Members assigned to this position. Delivery Drivers must know the area well so they can deliver the orders in minutes; and are also expected to know how to read a basic road map or use a GPS system to find unfamiliar locations.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Make safe and efficient deliveries from an Applebee’s restaurant location to customers within service area by strictly adhering to all traffic laws.
- Make on-time deliveries within a set delivery time window, arrive at the first time and depart by the second time (large orders may require an earlier arrival time).
- Maintains an active and thorough knowledge of the menu in order to answer questions about products and services.
- Accepting approved forms of payment by managing cash and receipts during shift, so all transactions are accounted for at the end of the shift. Compliance to standard operating procedures to include: service standards, cash handling procedures, menu interpretation, and driver safety and security.
- Package and validate orders by double-checking before leaving to ensure accuracy.
- Load all delivery orders, up to 50 pounds, in the delivery vehicle.
- Occasionally takes part in local store marketing efforts, including flyer handout, menu and promotional informational drop off at the delivery site and other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment; in addition to cleaning delivery equipment.
Other restaurant duties as needed; such as prepping food items, cleaning, and miscellaneous tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Qualifications, Skills, and/or Competencies:
- All drivers must be 18 years of age and meeting driver program qualifications.
- Must be responsible, reliable, honest and independent.
- Must have a driver’s license and auto registration valid under the laws of the state(s) where the team member works, acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of State minimum liability insurance coverage, and must maintain a reliable and clean vehicle to make deliveries.
- Own or be willing to purchase a working cell phone.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, and attend mandatory meetings/training as required.
- Must possess basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing) and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Requires an ability to positively interact with the public and Team Members.
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers; and use a map and computer-based mapping technologies.
- May be cross-trained to perform other workstation duties within the restaurant as needed.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of Team Members so classified. Applebee’s reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
Posting ID: 58686953Posted: 2020-07-14