Generally maintains and makes repairs to the company's buildings, equipment, machinery, and grounds. Uses various skilled trades (i.e. electrical, HVAC, hydraulic, mechanical, construction, etc.) to repair, build, or remodel new physical structures. Some basic plumbing work. Installs support equipment to physical structures, machinery or system infrastructures. Performs necessary preventive maintenance and general maintenance of all physical facilities and associated support equipment. Completes daily work orders. Uses required hand and power tools and equipment; operates company vehicles, trucks, vans, forklifts, lifting equipment, backhoes, snow removal equipment, tows trailers that require a CDL and various other equipment. Performs snow and ice removal at various times, day or night. Some overtime may be required.
*All UTA Facilities Journeyist can enjoy a $1,000 Hiring Incentive. Ask for details!*
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of supervised work experience in one or more of the following areasFacilities Maintenance at the Journeyist Level; or
- Electrical at the Master or Journeyist level; or
- HVAC/Refrigeration installation/Repair/Trouble shooting at the Journeyist level;
- Graduation from a UTA approved program that produces a Diploma/Certificate of Completion in HVAC/Refrigeration; North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification preferred, OR completed an apprenticeship program and obtained an Electricians Utah State License
- Must pass a qualifying exam.
- Must own complete set of standard hand tools, for either electrician, HVAC technician, or Plumber by the 91st shift as listed on Class A / Journeyist tool list.
- Must be able to pass required DOT card
- Must be able to obtain a Class "A" CDL driver's license by the end of probationary period.
- Must have a valid Utah driver's license.
- Be a safe driver with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Cannot have any violations of driving under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any drug within the last 10 years.
- Must be able to work some overtime and holidays as needed.
- Must be proficient at a basic level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must interview for position unless considered a lateral transfer within the Facilities Maintenance department.
To qualify, must be skilled in one or more of the following areas:
- Electricians must be skilled in troubleshooting, installing and repairing industrial electrical 3 phase and single phase motor controls (i.e., hydraulic motors, compressors, pumps, fueling equipment, etc.) as well as other general building electrical systems.
- Refrigeration/HVAC Journeyist must be skilled in troubleshooting, repairing, and installing refrigeration equipment that uses R-410A and R-22 refrigerant, forced air natural gas systems heating systems, and boiler heating systems, in a multi-zone HVAC systems.
- Familiarity with the working application and safe use of all power tools and instruments used in facilities maintenance for troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of hydraulic / pneumatic systems, as well as other related equipment utilized in an industrial building and bus repair facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of welding, brazing and soldering preferred.
- This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with Friday/Saturday OR Sunday/Monday off
* Shift & Days Off Subject to Change
Pay Rate: $31.14 per hour
Close Date: February 5, 2021 by 5:59pm
Posting ID: 609390295Posted: 2021-02-27