As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY
This position is responsible for advanced clerical functions within the Health Information Management department. The HIM Specialist II will have an understanding of privacy and security issues related to patient information. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications:KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assemble medical records in the approved record order and remove all duplicate or non-legal medical record material.
- Analyze medical records for completion and assign deficiencies as needed.
- Fill out birth certificate in accordance with state law including contact with mothers and father within facility specific timeframe.
- Assist internal and outside agencies with information regarding patient records ensuring request are prioritized appropriately
- Maintain an Accounting of Disclosure log and a Production of Documents file in order to meet appropriate time frames
- Fill all Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Privacy and Security demonstrates an understanding of the importance of providing privacy and security of all patient information
- Vital Statistics birth certificate and paternity acknowledgement
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Two (2) years experience in a hospital Health Information Management department
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Pleasant inside environment
- Light physical effort
- Intense mental concentration stress
- Subject to exposure to infectious conditions and minor hazards such as muscle sprains, cuts, and bruises
- The ideal candidate will have previous Health Information Management experience
Primary Location: Mt Sterling, Kentucky
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Posting ID: 573893484Posted: 2020-12-16