Purpose of Job
Salesforce Technical Architect - Staff Level
We are currently seeking a talented Salesforce Technical Architect - Staff Level for our Plano, TX; San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; or remote (work from home) facility. Sets technology strategy, direction and provides architecturally compliant solutions for a business function and/or technical domain(s). Utilizes unique knowledge and experience to research, integrate, architect and influence innovative technology initiatives aligned to USAA's mission, brand pillars and strategic priorities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been in Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT and named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to understand strategy, requirements, measures, risks and controls for a business function or IT domain.
- Utilize expertise and research to create technology decisions with relevant architecture artifacts and proactively apply architecture thinking to conceive evolutionary strategies and roadmaps that can accelerate current capabilities for a business function or technology domain.
- Cultivate productive and trusted relationships with business and IT stakeholders, as well as engineering resources, to provide leadership and guidance to influence and shape priority, cost transparency and execution of architecture solutions and domain direction.
- Assess domain applications in collaboration with business and application owners to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and risks. Advise business owners of proposed courses of action.
- Define and document architecture standards for a technology domain to ensure architectural compliance of technology solutions. Use risk assessment methodologies to draft/evaluate and approve/reject waivers to architecture standards.
- Participate in activities that support the USAA technology ecosystem such as workstream planning, solution design reviews, code reviews, test case definition, assistance in troubleshooting of Availability Command Center incidents to resolve complex production issues related to a technology domain.
- Provide professional and technical mentorship for new architects, engineers and IT community colleagues in an open, respectful, flexible and empathetic manner. Seek out mentoring opportunities specifically to create team redundancy and backfill ability.
- Execute architecture practices and processes by properly creating and maintaining architecture domain documentation, ensuring timely completion of deliverables and suggesting enhancements.
- Establish external relationships with contacts on industry organizations and government boards and vendors in the marketplace related to a business function or technology domain. Establish a plan to gain external eminence by pursuing professional and industry technical certifications, presenting at conferences, publishing technical papers, contributing to open source, authoring patents, etc..
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field to include at least 2 years in a technical leadership role within IT required
- Experience in technology application development and/or infrastructure and operational implementation
- Deep knowledge in a minimum of one technology domain (from an application, infrastructure, operations, scalability, availability, performance, people, process, and tolling perspective) and experience across multiple technology domains
- Demonstrated experience in explaining complex technology decisions to both technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and developing high trust relationships with frontline and second level management and stakeholders
- Understanding and application of technical architecture standards, principles, and policies and knowledge of applicable regulations and risk management practices
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- In-depth technical knowledge in Salesforce and related technologies (APEX, Visual Force, Lightning Components)
- 4 or more years of experience with APIs such as RESTful
- 2 or more years of experience in Technical Architecture and/or Solutions Architecture
- Proficient with Agile Methodologies and utilizing the SAFe agile execution framework
USAA Technical Architects create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 7/29/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.