Dishwasher / Porter
Primarily responsible for providing a smooth flow of clean service ware and pots and pans, throughout the kitchen and restaurant, while maintaining a clean and efficient work area.
Responsibilities: (To include, but not limited to):
- Interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Set up/break down dishwashing machine.
- Wash all tableware, silverware, pots and pans in a timely and orderly manner.
- Keep dishwashing machine landing area and stainless steel clean and dry.
- Monitor the machine for proper water temperatures and chemical levels.
- Monitor all items for cleanliness; rewash when necessary.
- Properly store all clean china, glassware, silverware, and small wares throughout kitchen and restaurant.
- Monitor soiled linen, trash, and recycling containers and properly empty when appropriate (multiple times throughout the shift) to assist in cleanliness of kitchen.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen and work environment.
- Maintain clean and dry floors.
- Clean and organize the walk-in, dry storage and freezer areas on a regular basis. Follow all health and safety regulations, including maintaining a current Food Handler's Certification.
- Follow all restaurant regulations as outlined by Chef de Cuisine and management team.
- Operate and use all kitchen equipment and kitchen tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and utensils necessary for job performance. Report any issues with equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work.
- Proper uniform should be worn at all times while in work areas.
- Follow proper storage and rotation procedures, as well as sanitation guidelines.
- Communicate and work together with coworkers and management in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, to as a team.
- Follow management's instructions and suggestions.
- Respond to verbal requests from other kitchen staff members in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in prep duties as needed.
- Assemble/dismantle work station in a timely manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of station during shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Properly use a knife and other equipment required to execute necessary tasks.
- Maintain a current Food Handler's Certification and practice proper sanitation procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ida Claire – South of Ordinary… an intriguing, southern-inspired destination for relaxing suppers, slow weekend brunching or a meeting hub for business lunches and happy hour.