Purpose of Job
The Bank Information Governance team is looking for a Lead Information / Data Governance Advisor to fill a key role within Bank. This person will be facilitating Bank wide Governance Forums, supporting Bank Information Governance Committees, Championing the Governance practice and advising the Bank business partners on benefits and requirements of Data Stewardship.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Directs the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides strategic partnership to anticipate opportunities for information/data management governance activities and projects.
- Influences implementation of information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
- Influences/drives business awareness of information/data governance through work activities to include awareness forums.
- Authors information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Orchestrates audits of information governance capabilities through subject matter experts.
- Develops prioritization methods for and implementation plans for information governance initiatives.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying expert knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes to include providing advice on satisfying regulatory requirements related to information governance and management.
- Leads the assessment and coordination of information governance training requirements and learning objectives for the enterprise.
- Prepares formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations; presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field.
4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related
A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting
If Master's degree, 6 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting
If PhD, 5 or more years experience Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting Expert knowledge of industry information/data governance best practices.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience in implementing the data management / governance programs following BCBS 239 or similar framework OR prior experience as Lead / Senior Data Steward
- Experience in facilitating stakeholder forums or official committees around data governance.
- Experience in developing, implementing and training on data policies, standards, processes, procedures, and controls.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to educate and influence across business and technical teams on the benefits and requirements of data governance
- Experience indirectly leading a group of individuals to complete key objectives
- Well-grounded in Management Reporting, regulatory exam support, facilitating stakeholder forums.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/10/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.