Purpose of Job
Oversees a team that develops, implements and sustains quality assurance programs to ensure existing and emerging risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored and controlled. Executes quality process improvements and leads organizational process changes. Ensures quality standards are established in accordance with internal practices, risk and compliance policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Directs, leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and day-to-day planning and execution of Quality auditing processes and procedures.
- Ensures audit objectives align with operational process, regulatory, risk and compliance goals to effectively contribute to the mission of USAA and to protect USAA's brand and reputation.
- Advises senior leadership on issues and assists with Quality strategy development for operations/CoSA (Company or Staff Agency)/affiliate partners.
- Maintains and applies expert knowledge of the business, member service components and operational processes.
- Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in interacting with stakeholders and control/business/affiliate partners.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork and goal achievement.
- Performs complex/unique work assignments and problem resolution within CoSA and Enterprise projects.
- Serves as the Quality subject matter expert and/or liaison with control partners to ensure documents, projects, processes and initiatives comply with regulatory/legal requirements and Enterprise/internal policy.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years progressive operations or process experience.
- 4 years of quality assurance or quality improvement experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory laws and best practices.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Banking experience
- Accounting experience
- Experience establishing a quality assurance program from scratch
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/03/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.