The Facilities & Area Maintenance Technician 3 will lead other service technicians, design solutions for difficult problems, will lead outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, handle multiple projects, and meet time lines.
A successful candidate in this role will accomplish the following:
· Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical
· Lead and audit Preventative Maintenance procedures/ practices
· Develop training plans for service technicians
· Develop work plan for emergency repair of critical assets.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
· Create and close Work Orders with appropriate data, to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used into asset management system
· Conduct maintenance and higher level troubleshooting of robotics and robotic work cells
· Troubleshoot PLC programs including using ladder logic, components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
· Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
· Maintain and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials up to 480V
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
· Develop work plan for emergency repair of critical assets. Work plan to include coordinating with operations, locating parts/tools for repair, scheduling time with equipment, etc.
Physical Demands (Must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
Ø Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
Ø Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Ø Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
Ø Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
Ø Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
Ø Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
Ø Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
Ø Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Ø Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Base Building Maintenance Tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
· Assist and lead troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems that include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC. Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
· Review assigned work orders and Trouble Tickets.
· Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair. Order necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
· Assist and lead installation and modification of building equipment systems.
· Maintain lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures, and replacing bulbs and lamps.
· Move, assemble and install furniture and accessories (keyboard trays, etc).
· Provide primary direct support and leadership to our staff for general facilities and administrative requests.
· Document and/or update procedures where appropriate.
· Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
· Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
· Assist and lead with event preparation as needed.
· Handle special projects as assigned.
Area Equipment Maintenance Tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Conveyor maintenance including but not limited to greasing, cleaning, repairing and modifying industrial automation equipment.
• Vacuum and blow out conveyor bed frames.
• Wipe down motors, bearings, shafts and interior guards.
• Align chains, belts and tighten set screws on bearings and sprockets.
• Check oil level in gearboxes.
• Tighten mounting bolts on motors and bearings.
• Inspect and clean pulleys.
• Lubricate chains and adjust chain to correct tension.
• Inspect and track belts and check for correct tension.
• Follow daily instructions from site management, Direct Manager or Field Management to dispatch, maintain and repair equipment.
• Safely use hand tools, power tools, and equipment on a daily basis to accomplish tasks.
• Follow pre-task analysis instruction and work safely around high/low voltage circuits.
• Use of conveyor belt lacer and cutting tool.
• Use electrical testing instruments such as but not limited to volt meters and Programming terminals to test panel components.
• Use of a "Smart Phone" or "Tablet" to send and receive emails and complete work orders in EAM CMMS system.
• Track and maintain company tools and material.
• Maintain work area cleaning of field materials and tooling.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Basic Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience with automated systems to include building systems and equipment
· 2+ years of experience in the repair of material handling equipment
· 2+ years of experience conducting predictive and preventative maintenance procedures
· 1+ years of metal and wood fabrication
· 1+ years of blueprint and schematic reading
· 1+ year of knowledge with and electronic principles
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications
· Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the or field
· 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the or field
· Experience with robotic operation and maintenance (Amazon Robotics and FANUC FCR-O1, FCR-O2 & FCR-T1 & FCR - T2)
· Experience with Building Systems and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
· Project experience
· Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
· Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us