The Facility Quality Assurance Maintenance Inspector is responsible for assuring quality services and product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating the finished product while on various job sites. This person will have commercial construction insight, a technical background and quality control experience with a hands-on mechanical background; especially with HVAC and commercial building equipment and systems. In addition, this person will be in charge of minor repair development, execution and verification, equipment validations, job plan creation, change form development and safety inspections.
· Must be able to report to The Quality Control Manager and adhere to reporting daily inspections and findings.
· Must be able to navigate large outdoor sites and identify various types of equipment; up to 3,500 different pieces.
· Ability to visually and dimensionally inspect equipment characteristics.
· Completes inspection reports and related documents as required including findings, corrective actions and uploads that data into CMMS system (Maximo).
· Ability to follow written departmental processes.
· Oversee the adherence of all applicable regulations and procedures such a SOP’s and manufacturer recommendations.
· Skilled in using common inspection and measurement equipment (Height gauges, calipers, thread gauges, etc.)
· Ability to read and understand schematics.
· Determines quality and reliability standards by inspecting finished product of services.
· Identifies in-process service condition by collecting samples during and after service; conducting in-process inspections and physical tests.
· Determines acceptability of rework by conducting inspections and physical tests of reworked services.
· Must be personable and able to effectively provide good customer service as related to quality issues and customer quality audits.
· Candidate must be tech savvy and Microsoft Office literate. Maximo training a plus.
· Must be able to document and take pictures of onsite equipment and produce a Power Point Presentation of the findings
· This position requires daily travel to various sites throughout the San Diego and Imperial County areas; elemental exposure as well. Company vehicle provided.
Skills/Qualifications: Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Environmental & Permit Understanding, Equipment Maintenance, Attention to Detail, Research Skills, Reporting Research Results.
Requirements: The Commercial Buildings Facility Maintenance Inspector shall have, at a minimum, five (5) years of experience with facility maintenance operations and have a strong mechanical background; onsite inspection experience a must.