The Bill Howe Family of Companies is a San Diego-based family-owned and operated plumbing, heating, and air conditioning, restoration and flood services company. Since its inception in 1980, Bill Howe Plumbing, Inc. strived to be San Diego's most reliable plumbing company. Through high-quality work and competitive pricing, Bill Howe Plumbing not only became a company of success stories, but also grew into one of San Diego's largest commercial and residential property services companies.
Bill Howe is currently hiring an experienced Plumber. This position will perform routine preventive maintenance and repairs on plumbing systems.
We are a full service residential and commercial service and repair plumber company specializing in all areas of plumbing and drain repair and maintenance. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the best customer experience to our San Diego community
- Assemble and install plumbing systems
- Troubleshoot and repair pipe and pipeline systems, and sewer systems
- Prepare written work cost estimates for clients
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Repair and service for Water heaters, conventional and tankless
- Minor and major plumbing service and repair including shower valves, disposals, fixtures (repair and replacement), gas lines, wall heaters, slab leak locations & repairs
- Each plumber/drain tech will be part of a dispatch team and responsible for reporting to their dispatcher, /team leader directly
- 3 Years previous plumber/plumbing/drain experience preferred
- Previous experience in plumbing, maintenance
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Uniform Plumbing Code
- Strong customer service skills
- Clean DMV record and driver's license required
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand and power tools.
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Plumbers travel to a variety of worksites every day.
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness.
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/high noise levels.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust.
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights.
Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 245-5469.
Posting ID: 563365522Posted: 2021-03-05