Fast track the process and apply today! Qualified talent will be contacted within 24 hrs.
Quality Assurance Technical Writer, San Diego, CA
Come join a company where biotechnology meets the ocean! Our client is pioneering the production of seafood products derived directly from fish cells and seeking a Quality Assurance professional for a 6-month contract.
The Quality Assurance Technical Writer will author documentation including Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Master Batch Records (MBR) for the manufacture of cell-based seafood products in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s). This individual will work cross-functionally with R&D, Bioprocess Engineering, Quality and other functional areas as needed to ensure timely completion of operations and quality related documentation in accordance with project plans and timelines.
- Analyze upstream and downstream processes and make recommendations for efficient and effective supporting document structure
- Collaborate with area managers to develop and refine document project plan and timing
- Work with Client’s departments to gather technical input required to generate new and revise existing documents following document control procedures and in accordance 21 CFR 117, 21 CFR 123, and SQF requirements
- Work on technical writing assignments that are complex in nature where action and a high degree of initiative are required to resolve challenges associated with new processes and make recommendations
- Write and edit all types of documentation produced within a GMP environment required for the production of cell-based seafood products including but not limited to:
- Raw material and finished product specifications
- Test and inspection methods
- Standard operating procedures
- Manufacturing work instructions
- Master batch records
- Qualification protocols and reports
- Track documentation project deliverables and manage to timelines
- Provide training related to documents generated, as needed
- Assist in documentation audits and publish audit reports
- Assist QA management with special projects or other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated technical writing skills with the ability to create clear and concise written instructions and intuitive recording forms.
- Practical knowledge of FDA regulations including GMP and GDP.
- Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected
- Strong proficiency with computer systems, including eQMS system, and MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to organize, plan, prioritize work, and manage multiple projects effectively, within agreed upon timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to positively interface with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.
- Strong team orientation, with the ability to self-start, as well as work independently.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of science generally obtained through Associates or 4-Year degree in life science related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years process operations experience in a manufacturing facility subject to GMP regulations with at least one year experience with technical writing.
- Experience generating quality system and operations related documentation in a GMP environment.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint, to perform critical job functions.
- Experience with cell culture strongly preferred.
Apply today for immediate consideration! If you’re unable to apply through the website, please email resumes and position title to JEND557@kellyscientific.com.
Kelly Science & Clinical is the premier destination for Scientific Professionals seeking Direct-Hire, Temp-to-Hire, and Contract positions across the country. Scientific Recruiters are ready to select and represent the best candidates to join their award winning bio-pharmaceutical clients.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.