If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
2 days ago Requisition ID: 1221
TriLink BioTechnologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
TriLink BioTechnologies is seeking a Director, Supply Chain. This role will Leads all critical aspects of our TriLink supply chain operations. In this Director of Supply Chain role, you'll drive TriLink's strategic vision and provide customer-focused leadership over demand and supply planning, inventory management, purchasing, while also building more collaborative and focused relationships with contract manufacturers, suppliers and outside processors.
As a SC leader, you'll champion the planning and maintaining of sufficient levels of the s warehouse inventory to fulfill customer orders in support of greater than 15% revenue growth, supplier relationship management, as well as enablement of successful and timely new product launches. Key to success is effective cross-functional partnership and communications with our Customer Service, Distribution & Logistics, Marketing, International, Engineering, Information Technology, and Finance teams to develop, manage, and utilize relevant and actionable data, suppliers, people, systems, and processes and to improve KPI reporting that drives effective decision making and more accurate forecasting.
• Develop and maintain the structure, and policies necessary to ensure optimum supply chain performance that align with company goals and objectives
• Develop, manage, and mentor a high performing team with a passion for engaging with and meeting the needs of internal and external customers, while promoting a culture of accountable decision making and cross-functional collaboration
• Develop, manage lead a and highly data-driven, integrated business Sales & Operations Planning process, including demand and supply planning, tactical purchasing and supplier management, warehouse & Distribution.
• Plan, allocate and maintain sufficient levels of inventory to meet customer demand across multiple warehouses worldwide
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers and service providers through an active Supplier Relationship Management program that continuously evaluates performance and identifies opportunities for improvement, ensures sufficient and reliable production and processing capacity to support above market growth rates, and consolidates the supplier base, where appropriate, to achieve economies of scale
• Develop and report actionable KPIs and metrics, including forecast accuracy, forecasted order fill rates, stockout reporting, inventory budget to actual, set utilization, supplier performance and other relevant data to identify performance improvement opportunities
• Collaborate with the Customer Service teams to support, and account for the impact on the supply plan, the policies, procedures and programs designed to maximize service levels.
• Support timely product launches by driving supplier evaluation and selection decisions, ensuring adequate upstream planning and procurement of components and other materials required to meet launch/distribution plans, and managing suppliers to accurate and timely delivery for those components
• Partner with Quality and Engineering to reduce supplier production lead times and the time to evaluate, qualify and onboard new suppliers
• Implement solutions to lower the total cost of ownership for inventory and warehousing
• Partner with IT to identify and implement best-in-class technology and applications infrastructure that improve the performance of the supply chain operations
• Identify and mitigate supply chain risk through appropriate operating and strategic planning activities
• Prepare and present Executive S&OP, Strategic and Operating Plans and other relevant presentations to the Senior Leadership Team as requested
• BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related technical field
• 10+ years of experience in medical device supply chain and logistics management, with at least 5 years in progressively senior management capacity
• Experience in the medical device industry managing complex supply chains, including consignment inventory, with proven leadership developing and delivering business value
• Proven experience in successful supplier negotiation and contract development
• Decisive visionary with the objective of balancing tactical and strategic issues Ability to effectively communicate and build effective partnerships with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Superior communication, presentation, financial/P&L and problem-solving/analytical skills
• Proven ability to develop, mentor and motivate high-performing and collaborative teams
• Proven ability to adapt, manage and implement change in a fast-paced work environment
• Knowledge and involvement in developing and implementing overall value stream process to establish reliable and transparent processes and procedures for Sales and Operations Planning.
• Ability to assess supplier's capability in terms of capacity, technical capability, and financial solvency/strength and/or develop those capabilities within their team
• Knowledge of the stage gate process and stage reviews used in product development programs
• Experience with common industry supply chain technology
• Ability to travel
• Preferred Qualifications
• BA in Business highly preferred
• MS or MBA desirable
• Lean/Six Sigma, Constraint Management and Team Facilitation certifications preferred
• APICS, ASM or other industry/supply chain certification strongly preferred
TriLink BioTechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
TriLink BioTechnologies is an EEO employer.