Kelly Services is currently seeking an experienced Planner
in Pomona, CA
for a long-term contract opportunity! The Planner is responsible for managing internal and external project implementations, using best practices, methodologies, and work with the materials team on improvements. The Planner must ensure assigned projects are delivered on time and within budget, with the support of department managers and technical resources. In addition, the ideal employee must review the project requirements and scope and assist in the development and tracking of plans and dependent deliverables and assist in managing to scope while tracking changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages project objectives, work assignments and schedules
- Provide updates on projects to materials Team and other senior management
- Plan and executes project implementation to include, monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving issues, and proactively managing risks/opportunities.
- Works closely with cross-functional project team to achieve project objectives.
- Stays up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
- Manage project risk, develop mitigation plans, and escalate unresolved issues.
- Communicate Inventory position with Operations.
- Works with Marketing and Planning team on product portfolio rationalization projects.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams.
- Analysis reports and communicate inventory levels to material team in order to establish replenishment.
- Support special projects related to material, system changes, order and inventory management.
- Performs the clerical processing operations needed for completion of order.
- Typical duties include setting up Cross reference accounts, entry into Oracle/CRM system, updating price lists, and forwarding order or correction for shipping.
- Required clear communication skills, with emphasis on telephone skills, speak clearly, probe for information, have good concentration and obtain feedback for verification of information.
- Required to develop ability to prioritize, keeping logs as needed, develop attention to details, consistently follow-up and take ownership of all job responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in both order processing and customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in conflict resolution skills.
- Running and managing reports daily/ weekly reports.
- Transform data into information that can be utilized to make business decisions and actions.
- Acquiring data from other sources, creating reports on a regular basis, correcting any issues, and ensuring that databases remain error-free and organized.
- Other Duties as assigned
The Candidate Should Possess:
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products & ERP Systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with many levels and types of people
- Good written, oral and presentation skills (Communication)
- Problem solving and solid business decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task, remain organized and focus on execution of projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to analyze business process and present best fit solutions to management for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated successful experience in Project Management and Inventory Control.
- Medical device background preferred
- Experience in manufacturing industry preferred
Education and/or Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in business, materials Management, manufacturing systems, materials manufacturing or purchasing and at least 3-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Success is Measured by:
- On-Time Delivery
- Fill Rate Measurement
- Order Entry Accuracy
- Customer Integration projects
Apply today for immediate consideration!
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.