The Seasonal Vendor Paid Stock Associate is responsible for all functions related to the flow of new merchandise for the brand. Complete other operational tasks as needed. The seasonal associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
You may have the opportunity to represent one of the many great brands we carry at Macy's including: Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Chanel, Dior, Shiseido, Clarins, Urban Decay, Too Faced and more.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy's tablet app.
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether on Macy's devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Complete general shipment process in accordance to productivity standards and ensure floor readiness.
- Collect cardboard boxes and trash and discard in the appropriate compacting receptacle.
- Complete all processing activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines.
- Assist the Sales Manager in the movement of case line assortment for new product and season changes.
- Assist in replenishment of stock onto the sales floor.
- Assist in inventory process.
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping.
- Process damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function.
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached.
- Be sensitive to store's needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor .
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Posting ID: 580905242Posted: 2020-10-22