The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operations Manager is an experienced professional who has expertise in managing people, process and technology in the control room environment, including: shift-based team leadership, strategic program oversight, effective communication (writing, speaking and presenting) and policy and procedure development, as well as technical and project management. Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include: security alarm monitoring principles, dispatching and coordinating allocation of resources, stakeholder (customers and operational partners) involvement, data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment, travel safety and security and critical incident response management. The Operations Manager is responsible for driving process implementation and refinement, short and long-term project management, cross-team (control room and field-services) collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships and directly supervises a team of Supervisors on assigned shift.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the coordinated development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to the GSOC and affected stakeholders
- Lead the team by providing both strategic direction and hands-on guidance to team members in handling effectively related issues
- Ensure appropriate staffing coverage and alignment of position responsibilities for each shift
- Supervise the implementation of new technologies and business processes to improve efficiency
- Initiate and maintain strategic planning to keep pace with growth of business teams, number of sites and evolving customer and stakeholder needs; constant improvement of GSOC capabilities
- Build, lead, manage, and motivate teams in a dynamic, rapidly-evolving and cross-functional environment that is centered around the use of people, process and technology to ensure life-safety, security and resiliency at corporate sites
- Monitoring and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) as per client MSA
- Ensure compliance with client expectations and policies, monitor assets and make rapid notifications via mass communication tools to stakeholders
- Provide enterprise detection and coordinated response to physical security, safety and business continuity events
- Develop and maintain security-services performance metrics and related reports
- Provide assistance to field-based security specialists, site security facilitators, and program stakeholders
- Stay at front edge of industry best practices relating to control center security management and related services
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Have a Bachelor's degree (required)
- Have a minimum of 5-years of experience in Corporate Security or a similar role with at least 2-years leading and managing all aspects of a corporate control center
- Have extensive experience and knowledge of various access control platforms, video management systems and incident management applications/software
- Have demonstrated effectiveness in managing complex people, process and technical projects
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive process improvement
- Be an excellent communicator, whether writing, speaking or presenting
- Have demonstrated expertise in developing, implementing and managing control center programs.
- Have experience gathering and analyzing data to create useful metrics that support positive change
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively change and conflict
- Be adept at managing crises; provide front-line leadership in coordinating responses to a myriad crisis situations
- Have the ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Be a dependable team player with strong business acuity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Possess an impeccable work ethic and a high degree of integrity
- Possess general knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Employment laws
- Extensive experience using Lenel Enterprise OnGuard
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 564009287Posted: 2020-07-31