This role will be initially for approximately half-time (~20 hr/week), with opportunity to move to full time. A senior associate is expected to have all the responsibilities and abilities below:
Management & Communication:
- Responsible for supervising a team of data scientists.
- Lead discovery interview meetings, ask directed, strategic, and thoughtful questions to elucidate business needs and identify data science outcomes.
- Manage projects and client engagements, with ultimate responsibility over the outcome of each individual statement of work (SOW) assigned to you
- Responsible for managing at least one project in the capacity of team leader.
- In this project management capacity, has accountability and ownership for the profitability of the project or client engagement this person is in charge of.
- Reports status of the engagement on a regular basis.
- Is able to navigate issues with the client and internal team, and knows when it is appropriate to ask for help.
- Bills project management time to the client as appropriate per the SOW
- Less than half of total time spent on mentoring and advising others.
- Effectively manages between client responsibilities and internal ones.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients and IT teams, both verbally and in writing.
- Supervisory Role: Yes (but no hiring or firing authority).
- Responsible for leading an engagement team.
- Highest Level Managed: Individual/Professional Level.
- People Management Tasks: Mentor and advise, assign and evaluate work. Provide immediate feedback, both positive and negative, on work that is assigned and reviewed.
- Lead team retrospectives at the conclusion of projects or major milestones.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both clients and multi-disciplinary teams, including your engagement team mates, your project leader, and senior staff.
- Is independently client facing and continuously builds and strengthens relationships with clients
- Take on responsibilities above and beyond what is billable in order to make meaningful and valuable contributions to the organization
- Create written content describing findings using excellent written communication skills
- Participate in statement of work creation during end of sales cycle
- Search for patterns in data that can provide solutions to business problems or create new business opportunities.
- Use advanced mathematical and computer science skills to analyze vast pools of data under the guidance of more senior data scientists.
- Collect customer requirements, determine technical issues, and design reports to meet data analysis needs.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform a variety of analytics-focused tasks—including cleaning and exploring new datasets, and uncovering useful trends and observations in the data—while keeping aligned with the business context and goals specific to the client.
- Collect, analyze, and report data to meet customer needs.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- Quality assurance
- Reviewing and refactoring code
- Writing scripts in python that will be run on AWS
- Aggregating and analyzing metrics
- Creating tables and figures that will be utilized in reports to Client or on Client dashboard
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in STEM field or related discipline with at least 5 years experience in each of the following
- Project and people management and
- independent research and/or consulting experience,
- (or a Masters or PhD with two years of each).
- Excellent in project and people management with a natural knack for detail orientation and creating highly organized and efficient processes.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail in technical and non-technical aspects of role
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Personable, engaging, confident, dependable leader
- Opinionated, outspoken, thoughtful, curious
- Skilled in understanding business processes and challenges, and identifying corresponding data-driven solutions
- Technical Must-Haves. Proven ability with:
- Python (pandas, matplotlib, performing exploratory data analysis, writing functions)
- using Stack Exchange/Overflow as a technical resource
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Command line
- Mac OS/Linux
Other notes about the role:
- Because this role is responsible for the profitability of an engagement, this position is awarded compensation based on a percentage of gross profit as an additional incentive to maximize its profitability.
- This is a Telecommute/Work from Home position.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 579219032Posted: 2020-10-19