Job Description - Senior Manager - Brand Quality Assurance (326878)
Senior Manager - Brand Quality Assurance - 326878 -
The Senior Manager of Brand Quality Assurance is primarily responsible for product development oversight to identify risk associated with construction, performance, fabric or fit with the brand seasonal product line and mitigate as appropriate with the brand and global partners. Ensure that rigorous testing protocols are in place as applicable during product development, evolve protocols and manuals as necessary to adapt to product line and product performance evolution, and lead all in market quality research and issue resolution in a timely and efficient manner and in partnership with global stakeholders. You'll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out data and insights that positively impact our product quality, and drive brand quality differentiators to achieve best in class finished goods quality protocols and drive a culture of quality awareness in the brand.
- Establish, implement and monitor quality goals and initiatives for the brand working cross-functionally with key internal and external stakeholders, including; R&D, designers, supply merchants and global production teams
- Attend seasonal product review meetings, identify risk across the product line, and align plans to mitigate risk with global partners prior to production
- Lead the development, oversight and continuous improvement of testing requirements, quality standards and approval processes across all product categories, ensure fit for use and performance claims are supported
- Partner with global stakeholders to identify gaps in development process, protocols and calendars, lead activities to ensure continuous improvement and evolution
- Partner proactively with R&D teams ensuring engineered products were appropriately tested and meet end user requirements and demands
- Support fabric R&D to ensure fit for use through development and evolve fabric development standards and protocols to ensure production quality
- Support brand product innovation through appropriate performance, fabric and wear testing protocols
- Be the primary point of contact for all in market quality or performance issues, drive timely and efficient root cause problem solving and issue resolution with global stakeholders and shape meaningful quality improvements
- Lead regular in market surveillance activities and provide real time data and insights on product quality, research and resolve issues in a timely manner and ensure hindsghting exercises to influence future decision making and product improvements
- Drive action plans to respond to product quality issues as a result of the Voice of the Consumer (VOC) analytics and in market surveillance and research
- Support a culture of quality in the brand by providing education, clear communication and ensure a clear understanding of the Gap Inc. quality operating model
- Share and institutionalize best practices SOP's and protocols across the brand and product assortment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in an apparel retail or consumer products environment with a focus on tech design, product quality, product testing, textiles and sourcing/manufacturing, performance product preferred
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Proven capability to communicate complex situations and data clearly and effectively
- Able to proactively solve problems, effectively manage multiple challenges, and provide viable and innovative options for resolution
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Gap Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Applicants in AL, AZ, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT to review E-Verify and Right to Work postings click here
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.
Posting ID: 566866057Posted: 2020-08-05