* Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labor. Includes all unskilled manual laborers not elsewhere classified.
* Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
* Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
* Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
* Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
* Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
* Load and unload ship cargo, using winches or other hoisting devices.
* Connect hoses and operate equipment to move liquid materials into and out of storage tanks on vessels.
* Assemble product containers or crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
* Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
* Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
* Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.