Mon - Fri , 2pm - 10:30pm
Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies with a focus on the wire department.
• Cutting and spooling all different wire sizes using wire cutting machinery.
• Track footages of wire on stock wire reels and updating wire tag marker.
• Ability to load, unload, and move materials within or near work site by performing the following duties:
• Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area per Sales Ticket.
• Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
• Package merchandise for shipment by common carrier
• Load materials into vehicles and install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. Unload incoming vehicles and prepare necessary receiving documents.
• Handle freight claims as required.
• Lift heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and clean work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
• Learn to safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area. Operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and product.
• Familiarize yourself with all electrical merchandise and where it is stored in the warehouse.
• Relocate or rearrange merchandise as required.
• Lock and unlock doors as assigned. Assist in keeping all work areas clean.
• Count, weigh or measure incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records; examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with shipper.
• Determine method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates; prepare materials for shipping.
• Participate in routing, counting and inspecting items.
• Ensure proper documentation and package marking with appropriate placards when moving hazardous materials.
• Fill orders and issue materials and supplies per requests; document transactions appropriately; prepare requisitions and compute costs; keep records of storeroom inventory.
• Participate in ordering or purchasing standard stock items, such as recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items or ordering replenishments within established procedures and limits.
• Communicate when wire inventory levels are low.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Warehouse, Standing forklift , Hand tools experience
Through previous experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
• Knowledge of automated or computerized system operation.
• Knowledge of record keeping practices.
• Knowledge of safety practices, and wears PPE as assigned.
• Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
• Skill in operating wire and cable cutting equipment, reels, machines, and cable cutters.
• Skill in operating forklift or other material handling equipment.
• Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Skill in using various hand tools used in preparing, reeling, and cutting wire and cable, i.e. hammers, nails, ropes, tape, plastic and cable termination seals.
• Must be forklift experienced
• Knowledge of cargo securement techniques, chains, binders, straps, ropes, knots, plastic wrap and cargo dunnage used.
• Strong mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
• Must be able to read and interpret invoices and packing slips.
• Current Forklift Operation Certification required
• Possess in knowledge of IES computer systems, Microsoft Office, Eclipse, etc.
• Must be a team player and abide by IES's strong core values and beliefs.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.