At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT to join our team in San Leandro, CA.
The most iconic brands on the planet need your help! You will lead the commercial team that partners with iconic brands to build products that are better for consumers, the planet and their businesses by leveraging Geltor's technology platform - and positively reshape the global protein supply chain in the process. This role reports to the CEO and is a part of the company's senior leadership team.
- Define and communicate the North Star of Geltor's commercialization strategy
- Build, lead and manage an enterprise-focused commercial team.
- Actively identify new partners and opportunities in Geltor's target markets
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with partners
- Structure, negotiate and execute partnerships
- Expand established business partnerships
- Develop partnership concepts, creative solutions and new product ideas
- Forecast, budget and manage the P&L for the business development team
- Own business development dashboards for Geltor's management team and Board
- Proactively drive the resolution of business, technical and contractual issues
- Conduct market assessment and business cases for new opportunities
- Work closely with Geltor team members to ensure understanding and execution of partnership objectives
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values
- 12+ years of progressive business experience with 8+ years in Business or Corporate Development at technology companies
- Experience building and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated record of building high-value partnerships with large enterprise customers
- Experience identifying and prioritizing opportunities among a wide field of potential wins
- Able to engage and influence cross-functional partners to gain alignment on initiatives and deliverables
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to support, motivate and coach junior team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to influence a variety of audiences through compelling presentations and discussion of complex technical concepts
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete high-quality projects amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor's mission
- Able to travel internationally and domestically approximately 25% of time
Geltor designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Our first products are collagen proteins optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Geltor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Posting ID: 567172884Posted: 2020-08-09