If you're a detail-oriented and diligent accounting professional who enjoys problem solving and working in a close-knit team environment, look no further! We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in in a fast-paced and fun work environment. As a Senior Accountant, your role is to leverage existing experience with sales tax and/or fixed assets to assist accounting management and mentor accounting staff. Day to day responsibilities of this position include fixed asset accounting, sales tax compliance, preparation and review of journal entries, and fielding questions on fixed assets and sales tax throughout the company along with the rest of the team. Periodic tasks include the opportunity to learn sales tax compliance and reporting, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, compiling audit documentation, and participating in special research projects that contribute to a measured impact on the way our business operates. We're looking for a hard-working individual with leadership and mentoring experience, and a great balance between being self-directed and working as part of a team. A strong work ethic, customer service-oriented attitude, and advanced excel skills are a plus. SUMMARY
The Senior Accountant will serve to bridge the gap between our Accountants and our Accounting Managerial team by providing support to managers and mentoring accounting staff. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Researches and answers questions on fixed assets and sales tax accounts for Store Managers, Regional Managers, Loss Prevention, Corporate Managers, and Executive Team.
- Preparation and filing of sales tax returns, annual reports and business licenses.
- Creates journal entries, accrual entries, and accounting schedules to complete reconciliations for sales tax and fixed assets.
- Compiles and researches internal audit reports as requested, assembles documentation for internal and external audits.
- Assists Accounting Management with projects as requested.
- Performs first layer of review of journal entries from other Accounting personnel; discusses/corrects items with the staff members if necessary.
- Sales Tax compliance, training, and audit support.
- Reconciles corporate balance sheet accounts monthly, specifically related to sales tax and leased assets.
- Assists with the recording, maintenance and reconciliation of fixed asset accounts, including operating and finance lease accounting.
- Prepares and analyzes reporting for government entities
- Codes and reviews expenses as needed
- Ensures that company proprietary information remains confidential at all times and is not disclosed to unauthorized personnel unless directed by senior management
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position
- Attends all team meetings and company training sessions as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to independently work on projects
- Familiar with FASB pronouncements and ability to research updated accounting regulations and opinions
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community via email, telephone, and in-person
- Ability to follow instructions, analyze results, and make recommendations based on project outcomes
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to utilize strong multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills necessary for managing multiple accounting issues at one time in a professional manner and under minimal supervision
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, IBM Content Manager, Lawson, and other 3rd party software applications at an intermediate level
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge including v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas, and data consolidation
- Two or more years of general ledger experience; post graduate work
- Experience in retail accounting environment
- Experience with Microsoft OneNote
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
McCoy's is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at (866) 896-0884.
Posting ID: 609335374Posted: 2021-02-26