Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Overview of Position
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a team building the next generation of a growing healthcare platform. Our team is looking to add members looking to take ownership efficiently delivering stable feature functionality our community requires. We're looking for you if you're comfortable working in a collaborative environment where everyone takes responsibility for success in every aspect of our product's delivery. We build incrementally, deliver by validation, enable through a culture of DevOps.
You'll have a passion for the highest quality results, continuously looking to improve outcomes by enhancing processes and highlighting opportunities. You'll work in collaboration with limited supervision, adopting Scrum and Agile process to prioritize, pick up, and complete work. You'll share ideas and team up to deliver new and creative ways to solve problems.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Decompose success criteria and architectural/design requirements into well-defined, executable stories
- Build defined epics and stories into releasable features and functions
- Integrated feature / function monitoring, validation, and data collection
- Deliver well-documented code, features, and functions
- Taking responsibility for quality, performance, stability of the delivered application
- Analyze testing requirements and design and develop appropriate positive and negative test suites
- Provide on-going maintenance, support, and enhancement in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate across functions with product, architecture, project management, SRE, support and other engineering teams
- Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement opportunities, openly communicate and collaborate to enhance team capabilities
- Investigate, identify, and resolve defects and performance problems
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Collaborative with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Scrum / Agile development methodologies
- Strong cloud experience, with preference for Amazon Web Services experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience designing and building event-driven architectures, message-based architectures
- Proficiency with multiple code languages such as .NET, .NET Core, Python, and Ruby.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with test-driven development, building test plans, unit tests, and automated testing frameworks
- Building and reusing minimal-function components and libraries
- Experience developing cloud-integrated platforms utilizing cloud-provided services and capabilities to optimize capacity, performance, cost, manageability.
- Able to identify, prioritize and execute under competing demands; motivated, self-starting, self-guiding
- Thoughtful DevOps approach taking responsibility for every aspect of software feature and function delivery
- Proficient with software development tools, build and testing solutions, and code versioning tools - such as Visual Studio, TeamCity, Ansible, and Git.
- Experience building and interacting with APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.