Hotel June is seeking a Barista for our two signature outlets and bars. Inspired by the soul and spirit of California, Scenic Route and Caravan Swim Club offer vibrant food and drink for hotel guests and the local community. Hotel June has partnered with Hospitality guru, Steve Livigni of award-winning Scopa Italian Roots, Dama, Old Lightning and Black Market Liquor Bar to create new food and beverage concepts drawing inspiration along the coast from Baja, MX to Santa Barbara, CA. This ideally located 250-room re-imagined Hotel on the Westside with two restaurants, creative event venues, and a spectacular pool deck is the flagship of a new thoughtful, accessible, lifestyle brand from Proper Hotels.
• Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs
• Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions
• Sell coffees and coffee grinding/brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates
• Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, latte, and cappuccino
• Generate revenues by attracting new customers, defining new and expanded services and products
• Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar
• Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations
• Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks
• Enhance coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Ability to keep the area organized, stocked and clean
• Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
• Collaborate with Colleagues cross-departmentally
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Work cohesively with Colleagues as part of a team
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category,
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Posting ID: 566411541Posted: 2020-08-11