This position is mainly responsible to develop an electrical system design to support the operation of gas turbine and generator auxiliary packages through selection and integration of low voltage power distribution and Electrical and Control Package house for power projects in the Americas.
- Design solutions to match code requirements and customer specifications
- Interpret and incorporate code requirements from NEC/ NFPA/ IEC/ ANSI
- Develop and Incorporate hazardous area classification requirements
- Develop single line and three line diagrams
- Develop wire and cable specifications including sizing
- Develop electrical wiring diagrams
- Specify and select electrical generators (150 MW and above)
- Select and specify CTs, VTs, Protective Relays, Motor Controls, Power Supplies, DC backup systems
- Prepare specifications and select vendors to construct electrical packages
- Incorporate design information into the SmartPlant Electrical module.
- Generate and review drawing packets used and created by the Electrical engineers, designers, and
drafters to document logic, point to point wiring, and system interaction.
- Specify proper testing procedures per industry standards and customer requirements
- Provide technical support during manufacturing and commissioning of equipment
- Establish and document standard design processes and products.
- Simplify product designs for improved manufacturability and reduce cost without compromising
product quality and function.
- Assist Sales and Marketing and Development Engineering with projects to enhance existing and
develop new product lines.
- Develop schedules, coordinate and manage projects of all sizes with minimal supervision.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the modification and approval of component parts and
- Meet regularly with vendors and ensure that all technical and schedule requirements are met.
- Interpret and respond to technical inquiries from customers, vendors and field personnel.
- Interpret and integrate design requirements from parent company.
- Develop processes and procedures that will ensure effective and optimized use of resources while
providing high-quality design packages.
- Provide regular status updates to management
- Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
- Meet Schedule requirements for engineering deliverables to ensure project schedules are met
- Interface with EPC contractor and customer in periodical meetings and also with parent and
affiliated companies with daily communication and periodical conference calls to ensure
understanding of engineering matters.
- Expedite EPC contractors to obtain approval of drawings/documents in a timely manner
cooperating with Project Manager/Engineering Management/ Global Sourcing
- Receive and interpret information received from Customer or EPC Contractor and discuss such
information as necessary
- Request, receive and handle technical information required/indispensable for the project to and
from Subcontractors cooperating with the Purchasing department and also discussing with Project
Manager/Engineering Manager; With/through Purchasing department, expedite Sub-contractors
with respect to engineering and manufacturing matters, including review of progress reports and
periodic visits to their factories according to the discussion/confirmation with Project
- Inspect the manufacturing status of all procured equipment cooperating with Purchasing
department and QA department;
Electrical Engineer, Design, Electrical, Schematic, Smartplant, S3D, MCC, VT, Diagram, Wiring diagram, Electrical design, Power Plant, Turbine, Motor control center, Voltage, Switchgear
1. Smart Plant (if not explained on resume please ensure candidate makes edits to highlight experience)
2. Candidate should have direct electrical l design experience and be able to explain experience
3. Candidate must have power generation experience
4. Candidate should have 5 years experience at a minimum. Ideally, the manager would like to see closer to 10 years exp.
-Candidate should also be familiar with Schematic Diagrams
• Education / Experience Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Masters is desirable. Minimum Five (5) years of directly related technical experience.
• Preferred: Knowledge in any of these software tools & applications: A-CAD, Smart Plant Electrical (SPEL), Smart Plant 3D (SP3D), Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) or equivalent
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.