The Senior Manager, Business Development is responsible for sales and growing / developing the Company's products, services, and industry profile. The primary accountability of this role is to create, build and maintain customer relationships with firms that require / would benefit from Matrix products and services, working closely Operations, Management, and other Business Development personnel.
• Actively and visibly support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
• Always represent the Company with high moral standards whilst adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
• In collaboration with Operations, develop objectives, strategies, and tactics in support of the growth goals of the business unit(s), including developing and maintaining market analyses and intelligence, differentiators, strategic planning, and structured account planning.
• Prepare, implement, and maintain business development/sales plans for target markets and product lines.
• Identify and prioritize potential new customers and develop and maintain plans to attract new/expand existing customer base, including client intelligence gathering, relationship-building, and positioning. Compile and maintain lists of prospective customers in CRM for use as sales leads based upon information from personal contacts with customers, business directories, trade shows, various sales lead reports, and other sources.
• Develop and maintain account plans for key clients, nurturing and leveraging existing customer relationships to all scopes provide by company, and expanding existing, and developing new, long-term alliances and preferred provider relationships.
• Lead and/or provide direct sales support in the qualification and proposal process(es), including driving proposal strategy, preparation and contract negotiations. Assist as needed to ensure proposal documents are in accordance with RFQ requirements, schedules and contract terms.
• Provide advice to Clients relating to Matrix Service's products and services; assist with Client plans, specifications, and other documents to assist with budget cost estimates.
• Develop presentations and marketing materials. Coordinate and lead presentations to established and prospective customers.
• Identify appropriate trade shows for BD and Operations to attend and manage Matrix's attendance at these shows. Coordinate and attend/represent MSI at Client entertainment, charity events and activities.
• Liaise with Corporate Marketing on branding, advertising, collateral and promotional events. Assist Corporate Marketing in ensuring appropriate collateral is developed and maintained current, including brochures, project write-ups, etc.
• Produce and update documentation and presentation materials to support quarterly operations, strategic plans, BD initiatives, market reports, etc. as requested.
• Other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related area, or equivalent job-related experience/knowledge.
• 10+ years' related sales, marketing, and/or business development experience. Industrial construction Operations/Field Operations/Operations management experience required.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully identifying and developing new clients and markets, including preparation and implementation of business development strategies and tactics.
• Advanced interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communications skills, including proven ability to make cold calls, present to and negotiate with clients, influence and work with customers, and speak publicly.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, financial reports and legal documents.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite, internet search capabilities, LinkedIn, and client relationship management (CRM) applications. Exposure to/experience with databases and contact management software strongly preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, including the ability to work independently with little direction and fluid priorities.
Frequent domestic travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More