Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the retail, manufacturing, distribution, customer-facing operations of the company ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. Oversight and management of departmental managers. Responsible for strategy and execution that deliver customer interactions that are an exceptional experience, ensuring regulatory and compliance requirements are met, and working cross-functionally with marketing to increase sales.
- Lead by example to instill the Company’s culture and values with all team members.
- Plan for and participate in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
- Organize and oversee the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Identify and develop high performing staff and create development plans for retention, growth and advancement with the company.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborate in a professional manner with Company executive staff.
- Utilize cannabis industry retail operations and store management experience to elevate supplier relationships and in-store operations including product selection, merchandising, sales incentives and staff performance.
- Set and implement standard operating procedures across multi-site retail operations to deliver a consistently exceptional customer experience, build customer loyalty and grow revenue and profitability. Regularly review, modify and implement changes to procedures to achieve these aims.
- Deploy influencing and collaboration skills to engage with various departments (eg. Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Finance and HR) to achieve the goals of the Operations team, assist other teams in meeting their goals and create a collaborative culture.
- Identify and establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee supplier relationships, manufacturing, distribution and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Plan, direct, control, implements, evaluate, monitor, and forecast budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicate and explain new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meet with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improve customer service and satisfaction through policy, staff training and development and procedural changes.
- Create and implement employee morale boosting measures.
- Lead coordination and integration of efforts among operations, other internal departments and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Project a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Ensure work environments are adequate and safe.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive/Docs or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivator and commitment to excellence.
- Team player.
Education and Experience:
5 years of experience in a regulated industry.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Posting ID: 563143971Posted: 2020-08-04