Connexon's mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Principal Electrical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexon Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Principal Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to lead the development of new digital imaging systems. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for detail. Our Photonics Division is comprised of engineers who have a detailed understanding of electronics hardware and systems with embedded software. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore new technologies and product concepts, help create new products, help enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration - Permanent
- Pay rate: 115-130K
- Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Job# bh11536
- Date Posted: 7/22/2020
- Lead the design of high-speed digital and analog electronics for low-noise, low-power imaging systems.
- PCB schematic design, device selection, simulation, analysis, and documentation.
- Problem investigation and resolution, board bring up, debug and electronic troubleshooting.
- Use of FPGA and other programmable digital devices.
- Participation in FPGA coding, simulation and verification.
- Interface with mechanical designers to optimize packaging, performance and manage thermal issues.
- Technical coordination of multidisciplinary project team
- Expertise in complex circuit design, schematic capture, board level designs and validation.
- Strong knowledge of HDI Printed Circuit Board layout and PCB manufacturing technology.
- Experience in designing electronic systems with multi-board architectures.
- Experience with and a good understanding of analog designs, implementation of Filters/Amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, noise properties.
- Experience with simulation tools LTSpice, HyperLynx and others.
- Expertise in power management circuits especially low noise and low power designs with switching regulators.
- Proficiency with CAD tools for schematics capture such as Altium Designer or Mentor Graphics.
- Experience in designing systems with multiple FPGAs, DDRs, FLASH and programmable devices.
- Strong knowledge of serial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB
- Knowledge and understanding of video interfaces such as DP, HDMI, CoaXpress, Camera Link, MIPI. Some Experience with FPGA design flow and simulation. Knowledge of System Verilog, Verilog and Modelsim.
- Experience with video cameras, image sensors, video compression and video processing systems are a plus.
- Ability to lead technically a multidisciplinary project team to develop electronic systems
- BS or MS in EE, advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience working on state-of-the-art electronic designs
- Permanent residency required. US citizenship is preferred
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Posting ID: 565238597Posted: 2020-08-07