Aerotek is currently seeking CMT Technicians for our well established Consulting Engineering client for the Tampa and Sarasota areas. The projects that the Technician will support are private and public construction projects, federal, state and municipal government jobs, including projects with the Army Corp of Engineers and FDOT.
Job duties include:
* Collecting samples and field testing of soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt.
* Tests performed include moisture density tests, slump testing, compressive strength testing, and collecting concrete cylinders, cores, and prisms.
* Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis.
* Accurate preparation of field reports, summarizing daily activities, observations, calculations, and results.
* Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor's representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results.
* 2 years of construction materials testing experience
* ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician- Grade 1 Certification
* CTQP Earthwork Level 1 Certification
* Nuclear Density Gauge Certification
* Additional CTQP Certifications in soils, concrete, and asphalt are desired/preferred.
* Able to read and understand construction drawings and specification.
* Fluent in English (oral/written)
* Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to work independently
Why This Opportunity?
* This is an opportunity is with a well established firm, who provides outstanding benefits, paid training and certifications, and room for advancement.
* Construction inspection and quality control is an industry in need of great people, and provides outstanding professional growth and financial stability
* They support high profile Customers throughout Florida, such as HCAA (aviation authority), FDOT, Army Corps, Private Developer of commercial construction, and large international consulting firms.
* Friendly and Helpful work environment, with clear performance expectations and path to career advancement.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.