Located at the site, Manages and leads Health Safety and Environment initiatives and personnel. Coordinates the delivery of HSE products and services to operations and shared services personnel, in support of business acquisition and execution. Interfaces and negotiates with regulatory bodies, clients and subcontractors as needed. Responsible for executing the processes that directly impact training, report writing, quality control, plan development and implementation. Incorporates health standards directed by regulatory agencies, company, and clients to prevent physical and health related hazards from work sites. Under general direction, is accountable for the performance and results of a related discipline or sub-group within a function. Manages the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members. Participates in the development of functional strategy and may be responsible for global processes and procedures. Skills required for this position are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 3-5+ years technical or practical experience in a related field.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED, and possesses 9+ years of direct related HSE experience with a minimum of 3 years in supervision and achieved certifications/qualifications through educational institutions, technical programs, NCCER, etc. Undergraduate degree with experience preferred.
- Possesses general computer skills (i.e. email, WORD, Excel programs), good verbal communications skills, including; phone, radio, and plant intercom systems.
- Capable of being exposed to dusty, hot/cold/wet conditions
- Capable of Planning & Scheduling HSE related work/training/meeting activities.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, elevated walkways, and walk, stand, stoop for extended periods of time, enter tight congested areas to include awkward positions.
The HSE Manager assignment will promote and support company core value/competencies including but are not limited to:
- Upholds B&R Business Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit Leadership, Enhance Teamwork, and Lead by example.
- Commitment and Leadership to company values.
- Use synergy between work groups.
- Responsible for alignment of Team Members.
- Assure that all employees comply with jobsite procedures and guidelines.
- Hold Team Members accountable for using their synergy, on the job, that promotes Team Work to achieve goals & objectives.
- Coach and Engage subordinates in a professional speaking manner, cultivate respect and trust in you.
- Have a Team mentality and are willing to assist team members in any way.
- Build and foster client relationships.
The purpose of the HSE Manager assignment is to ensure all employees follow health, safety, environmental, and operational procedures of their assigned tasks, including but not limited to:
- Works closely with and takes oversight direction from the B&R Site Manager supporting B&R Core Value/Competencies to include Client Core Value/Competencies.
- Monitors all maintenance/construction tasks to ensure a safe work environment is being provided through direct oversight of Craft Supervisors and is achieved by communicating/setting job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling of employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Personally, greets employees daily at the beginning and/or end of shift to include participation in Gate Greeting assignments.
- Monitors/participates to ensures that daily/morning Safety Huddles are being conducted, and that appropriate HSE content is being communicated/promoted.
- Ensures daily end-of-shift Safety Huddles are being conducted to evaluate employee’s fitness for duty, and all work assignments have been completed as scheduled.
- Leads, Plans, and Promotes employee participation in the B&R Site Monthly Mass Safety Meeting.
- Participates in B&R Monthly Safety Leadership Team Meetings (Conference call).
- Participates in B&R and client Daily/Weekly safety audits observing work activity to ensure Operational Discipline is being upheld, applicable work permits are in place/authorized, and TSTI/JSA process is effective. Permits include, but are not limited to: Confined Space Entry, LOTO, Line breaking, Excavation.
- Attends and participates in Daily/Weekly Maintenance planning, scheduling, and outage meetings.
- Maintains quality service, and customer satisfaction initiatives by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Reviews systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control to ensure HSE procedure/policies are incorporated.
- Create and Sustain a Safe Work Environment where safety is valued and supervision lead to ensure processes are managed, reviewed for improvement, and complex situations are addressed with a people first mentality.
- Identifies opportunities for outstanding employee HSE performance and applies appropriate employee recognition.
To provide the highest quality and most comprehensive range of Industrial Services in the business, producing exceptional results for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders.
To become the preeminent global partner of choice for our customers, by capitalizing on the work ethic, expertise, and innovation of our team.
Posting ID: 568907563Posted: 2020-09-29