We are looking for a new team member with a great personality that is excited for an opportunity to take their career to the next level. If you have an insatiable curiosity and you love to be challenged please apply. But, if you are just looking for a job, this is not the position for you.
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, create and maintain the accounting records for dozens of firm clients using the QuickBooks Online applications. Reconcile all accounts as needed. Assist the Bookkeeping manager or owner in running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results. Perform banking functions as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Setup and Accounting Records:
- Process vendor bills and payments in QuickBooks Online
- Invoice customers. Upon approval, distribute invoices to customers via email or mail
- Create and maintain time tracking records and process payroll
- If purchase orders are used, match invoices to purchase orders.
- If applicable, enter and track cost by class, property, or project/job
- Record and categorize bank and credit card transactions
Reporting and Reconciliation:
- Track the cash balances and prepare weekly cash forecast report
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
- Make sure payroll tax deposits are made by the payroll processor and that payroll transactions are correct on the Profit and Loss Statements
- Other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent knowledge of computers and the Internet. Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, Windows operating systems, and PCs.
- Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail. Accurate.
- QuickBooks certified and subject matter expert.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is required.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, such as copying, faxing, filing, and shredding.
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Two-year community college business degree with bookkeeping or accounting courses minimum required.
Posting ID: 576039472Posted: 2020-09-28