Tyson & Sons, Inc. dba D & R Utility Construction is a licensed Utility Contractor in the Water/Wastewater industry specializing in Commercial Underground Utility Systems since 1997. We take pride in offering high-quality construction services to our customers all throughout Savannah & the surrounding low country regions.
Due to growing project demands, we are in need of several entry-level construction laborers who are able to start as soon as possible. Applicants must be familiar with basic construction practices on and off the job-sites as well as working around heavy equipment i.e. excavator, backhoe, loader, etc. Starting wage will be determined based on experience; New employees are placed on 90-day probationary period upon hire. Raises & promotions are contingent upon review of employee’s job knowledge & performance since date of hire.
- Able to work outdoors & in wet/muddy conditions.
- Perform manual labor-intensive tasks i.e. heavy lifting, shoveling, etc.
- Work with & around heavy equipment.
- Material handling and storage.
- Maintain clean work environment
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Load/unload materials to and from jobsite
- Clean and/or prep construction site; remove debris, garbage etc
- Use shovel to prepare holes, ditches, trench walls for pipe installation
- Handling/operating power tools (pipe saws, drills, grinders, jackhammers, etc.)
- Frequently work with concrete, brickwork, wood framing tools etc
- Assist foreman with positioning/maneuvering heavy equipment, large pipe, precast structures etc.
- Operate basic construction equipment (loader, backhoe, roller, etc.)
- Assist crew to fullest capacity as instructed by foreman
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- For verification purposes, applicants must be able to provide a valid copy of driver’s license and/or state issued ID and social security card at time of employment.
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00/hour based on experience.
Posting ID: 565311972Posted: 2020-08-09