CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.Location:
The seed program will consist of two (1) year assignments. The first assignment will be in our Nichols, NY facility. The second assignment will be at one of our other North American operations.Position Overview:
This is a premier development program and offers the opportunity of a lifetime for a candidate to jump start a long career with CROWN! C
andidate will be exposed to leadership and management of plant operations. Through hands-on training, you will learn management oversight for the day-to-day operations and proper functioning of the facility to include Production, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Production Planning, Human Resources, EH&S, Shipping & Receiving. Learn how the plant controls costs and drives performance while ensuring efficiency, safety, quality throughout the plant is the top priority. This position will learn how Plant Leadership supports and creates processes and activities within functional areas. The candidate will learn how to be a strategic leader, identify process improvement opportunities that drive efficiencies. You will learn how to oversee operational performance to ensure consistent and superior customer service. You will learn how the Management works with the leadership team to build strong culture that develops employees.Areas of Focus:
- Supervision: Directing of personnel activities concerned with production. To include: Engineering technology, production methods and procedures, standards, and machine and equipment capabilities.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: Calculation of standards, spoilage, KPI's and budgeting processes.
- Working with and understanding of Management responsibilities: Production Control, Accounting, Quality Control, Engineering and SPC.
- Coordinating of Department activities: Balancing production activities along with procurement, maintenance, production planning, safety and quality control activities to obtain optimal use of employee and equipment resources.
- Review and analyzes reporting Data: Determine causes on non-conformity with production specifications and operating or production problems to include variance/financial non-conformance.
- Transparent/Candid communications: Develop collaborative and effective communication with all appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality.
- Plant Policies/Work Rules/Safety Compliance/Union Contract: Effectively know, understand and have the ability to evaluate all when making directional decisions for the plant/business.
- Work with Operations Supervisor.
- Understand Manning.
- Hourly Production Reporting and GAP analysis.
- Can Making Processes.
- Follow the can/learn process flow.
- Match Production Systems Audit with process and day to day activities.
- Safety meetings/Compliance.
- Daily reporting.
- Work with Plant Manager and Plant Accountant.
- KPI calculations/reporting.
- GAP analysis for performance and financials.
- Strategic Planning/Operating.
- Daily meetings/conference calls.
- Quality Control.
- Work with QA Technicians.
- Clear understanding of quality tests, attributes and statistical measurements.
- NWA/QAS Reporting/Compliance.
- Work with QA Manager to understand day to day evaluation of plant quality and compliance to SPC.
- Defect Training.
- Ability to assess quality defects and possible areas of cause.
- Work with Production Control/Shipping.
- Understand scheduling/planning process.
- Customer Orders.
- Release process.
- Scheduling Meetings with Operations/INX
- Customer specific shipping/order specifications.
- Proper can handling for warehouses.
- Working with Engineering.
- Project planning.
- Monthly budgeted expenses.
- PAR Process.
- Maintenance planning/processes
- Understanding Capital/C&A spending/planning.
- Working with Human Resources.
- Plant policies, work rules, safety compliance/reporting and Union contract.
- Strategic succession planning.
- New Hire training/onboarding.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years in an operations role
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to relocate during the SEED Program duration as well as post program relocations for advancement opportunities.
- May occasionally need to work evening and weekend hours to support shifts.
- Approximately 25 to 30% overnight travel
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).Interested:
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers. EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled
20 - 30%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.