We Are Hiring
Teacher-Early Intervention - Tioga Pact - Full-Time,Day - Tioga PACT - Tioga, NY
This is a full time, year round, 40 hour per week Monday - Friday position with some evenings possible.
This position will be inTioga County
. The position is a full-time 40 hour per week year-round (12 month) position with benefits.
Come join our Youth Services Team as an Early Intervention Teacher inTiogaCounty.
This position will require you to travel throughoutTioga County each work day. In this position you would work in a home visiting program that offers services to families living inTioga County. Services are offered from pregnancy until their child reaches age five. Early Intervention associatesbring toys, books, activities, and information to stimulatea child's development.We recognize parents as their child's first and foremost teachers. Home visits are fun for the parents as well as the children. Come join our team!Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization. What You Will Do
As a Teacher - Early Intervention associate with Lourdes Hospital, YOU
will have the opportunity to provide home visiting services to parents and their children.You will:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:Education & Work Experience:
- Administer formal and informal assessments appropriately and interpret results.
- Recognize and effectively address family's concerns. Ensure that reports and services reflect the family's concerns for their child.
- Make appropriate referrals to medical and health providers. Coordinate with agencies involved with family. Collaborate and follows up as needed.
- Provide multi-disciplinary services and promote family participation in incorporating services into daily routines.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning principles to teach various types of learning content.
- Take action to stay abreast of current and evolving learning trends, instructional methods/techniques and emerging technologies.
- Provide emotional support to families in their home. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Social Sciences, Education, Health or related degree preferred.
- Experience in providing services to culturally diverse populations desired.
- Valid Driver's License, Proof of Insurance, and Reliable Vehicle required.
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.