Delivery Driver Company CDL A Home Daily
This position is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate delivery of product to our customers and is accountable to branch leadership. Starting at $18/hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CDL truck in the delivery of products to designated customer locations and job sites in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Responsible to assemble and secure product to avoid possible damage due to weather or road conditions.
- This includes but not limited to: forklift operations, loading/unloading potentially heavy products and strapping down material with ratchet strap system.
- Ensure and document that materials on the invoice have been loaded and are complete (two-person check is required.)
- Unload product in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for care of materials, safety of self and others.
- Responsible to fill out the log book and process paperwork as per procedures.
- Responsible to project good impression on customers and handle customer complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for performing general preventative maintenance activities on delivery vehicles, including washing, fluid checks, tire inspections, etc. Complete daily inspection checklist and notify delivery manager of issues.
- Fuel truck ensuring accurate mileage is noted at pump.
- Know product location in warehouse and yard to assist in load pulling and/or will calls.
- Attend monthly driver meetings and participate.
- Responsible for assigned safety equipment such as hard hats, gloves, back belt, safety glasses, etc.
- Coach and help train non-CDL drivers to advance their skills.
- Assist delivery manager in dispatching and/or assignment of loads.
- Other duties assigned.
- 1 to 2 years CDL driving experience preferred
- Applicable state licensing requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Clean driving record
- Good communication skills
- Maintain your CDL
- Some long hours, without breaks, pressure situations.
- Physical activity loading and unloading trucks, some heavy lifting
- Minimum 50 pounds
CSG in an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 600754638Posted: 2021-01-20