The Shift Manager (SM) is an hourly position that serves toassist
management in routine administrative and operational tasks within the restaurant. Focal points include:
- Driving excellence in customer service
- Maintaining company standards in product and facility specifications
- Reviewing food handling procedures
- Assessing operational processes
- The human resources responsibilities of a Shift Manager are limited to crew training and ongoing coaching and feedback for hourly employees. In addition, the Shift Manager may assume full responsibility for the opening and closing of the restaurant when management is unavailable. In these instances, the Shift Manager maintains administrative control of the restaurant but is not authorized to serve in a managerial capacity.
Customer Satisfaction/Product Quality
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations and ensure products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Conducts periodic food safety audits.
- Provides on-going coaching and feedback to crew on customer service, product quality and speed of service.
- Shares with the Assistant Manager day-to-day responsibility for cash procedures such as bank deposits, making change, opening/closing safe and verifying drawers.
- Conducts daily inventory, completes shift-to-shift food safety audit and sets up daily control sheets.
- Reviews facility and equipment readiness.
- Monitors inventory, food preparation and order fulfillment on a daily basis to ensure adherence to company standards.
- Monitors speed with service (SWS) performance and resolves bottlenecks to achieve SWS goals.
- In the absence of management, responsible for food and supplies deliveries and restaurant opening and closing.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback for crew employees.
- Provides "hands-on" training for crew in Learning Zone.
- Posts safety awareness documentation.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Shift/Weekly restaurant performance in sales, labor, ICOS and controllables
- PRC results and OSAT scores, food safety, financial audits
Delivers Excellence in Customer Service
Is fully aware of customer needs and ensures that they receive quality products and service. Ensures work is to the correct standard. Possesses extremely high standards of product quality and speed of service and constantly monitors performance against those standards. Possesses a strong eye for detail and cleanliness. Presents a positive image through tidy and professional appearance of self and other employees. Interacts with customers in a highly effective and proactive manner. Consistently seeks to improve the customer experience. Demonstrates and emphasizes to others the importance of a winning customer experience. Uses customer feedback tools and techniques in making decisions and improving restaurant performance.
Technically proficient in all aspects of food preparation, production and delivery. Displays detailed knowledge of all key food handling/food safety procedures. Familiar with basic restaurant equipment troubleshooting. Displays detailed knowledge of all company product standards. Educational Attainment/Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Equifax clearance.
Work Hours: 3 - 10 hours
Days per Week: 5 days per week
Inside/Outside: 95% inside / 5% outside
Extreme Temperatures: Ambient, near ovens and stoves
Noise Level: Normal
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development).
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.
Posting ID: 572064362Posted: 2020-09-14