On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
Do you enjoy building products that improve people's lives? Are you inspired by the opportunity to grow a brand-new product? We are looking for a technical leader who will manage a team that builds an engaging experience for our new Hourly Rides product. We want you to deliver features that improve the pick-up and on-trip experience between our riders and driver partners. Success in building this charter allows the hourly experience to grow as we meet the demands of our marketplace.## What You'll Do
* Support your team of backend and mobile engineers in delivering and maintaining features that impact millions of Uber drivers and riders.
* Prioritize stories, features and bugs to deliver the most value to users quickly.
* Develop and drive a vision for the hourly rides squad, finding the balance between experimentation and building long term reliable features.
* Help your team build features and uphold the high quality bar to maintain the health of these features.
* Work with and lead rollouts with operations in India and around the world.## Basic Qualifications
* Experience working with product managers, user researchers, designers and data scientists.
* Experience leading engineers across all levels.
* A computer science, or engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent, including hands-on software development experience.## Preferred Qualifications
* A high bar across the board - for your own contributions, for the people you work with, and for the products you work onThe ideal candidate has a background building accessible and scalable mobile user facing features with a track record of delivering sophisticated solutions for true user problems.
* Passionate about building phenomenal experiences for Uber users all over the world.
* Experience running experiments to assess the efficiency of releases.## About the TeamThe Hourly squad is part of the Scheduled Rides and Premium team which sits in Rider Verticals organization and looks after riders, drivers, marketplace, and operations for Hourly trips. In close collaboration with business development and operations, the team is focused on unlocking the Hourly business opportunity.
We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Posting ID: 566254659Posted: 2020-08-08