The Program Manager II - Nordstrom Market Strategy will directly contribute to the continuous expansion, delivery, and enhancement of strategic JWN initiatives that bring convenience and connection to our customers. The ideal candidate is motivated, proactive, flexible, and results oriented. This role requires a unique blend of strategic thinking and operational know-how. A successful Program Manager II can seamlessly toggle between 50 thousand and 5 thousand-foot views of our business and the world, connecting the dots between strategic intent and operational delivery. Above all, success in this role requires the ability to quickly and effectively partner with many teams across the business, including Store Operations, Transportation, Product Management, Finance, Marketing, and many others. This position reports to the Director, Nordstrom Market Strategy. A day in the life...
You own this if you have...
- Contribute to the long-term strategic vision of a wide range of customer experiences
- Expand customer experiences and capabilities to additional markets across digital and physical, Full-Price and Off-Price channels
- Drive operational improvement and evolve our capabilities, maximizing benefits to customers and JWN
- Develop plans to operationalize new capabilities and evolve existing ones, both to test/incubate and to scale
- Work creatively and analytically through ambiguity across multiple stakeholders with a solution-oriented focus
- Lead program management efforts, to include delivery goals, performance measurement, and reporting
- Be the connector between program strategy and operational support to the customer experience, to include onboarding new capabilities to enhance the customer experience
- Partner with Transportation, Store Operations, and Product Management to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity to drive operational excellence on behalf of the customer and Nordstrom, such as fulfillment speed, consistency, and cost
- Provide support to new strategic initiatives, to include developing compelling storylines and materials that effectively communicate insights/strategies and influence decision-making with senior leaders and stakeholders
- Develop, track, measure, and report on Objectives and Key Results for the program
- Lead program and project management to launch strategic initiatives and tests by effectively collaborating across teams and aligning roadmaps
- Add strategic perspective to problem solving and issue resolution, and take command of high impact issues by escalating, managing, and communicating appropriately and mitigating future risk
We've got you covered...
- A Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience, such as experience in retail/e-commerce operations (e.g., store operations, supply chain, digital operations), management consulting, or corporate business strategy and operations
- Demonstrated success in strategy development, operationalization, and execution - ability to work cross-functionally to help drive ideas from conception to execution
- Strong interpersonal skills, high EQ, and a proven ability to build strong relationships with peers, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Strong quantitative skills - the ability to collect data, establish facts, assess results, and draw sound conclusions
- Adept at verbal and written communication with the ability to lead, facilitate, and present to large groups
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits.Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified atwww.nordstrom.com.
2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Posting ID: 594466262Posted: 2020-12-21