Scientia Diagnostics LLC has an immediate Full Time position for Insurance Verification and Compliance Specialist (Specimen Accessioner) for a Toxicology Lab in Bergen County NJ. Must have experience and knowledge of Medical Insurance. Must also be experienced with insurance verification and data entry. Please note: This is not a medical billing position. Experience with medical billing is a plus due to the knowledge but this is not a billing position. Also, we are a toxicology lab that processes urine samples. You may be working in close proximity to these samples.
· Enter patient demographics
· Review all data entry after accessioned to make sure information is correct
· Enter accurate data to ensure that the patients' insurance information is updated into the LIMS and billing system and verify that existing information is correct.
· Identify and correct billing errors and make changes in the LIMS
· Investigate denied claims and obtain any information needed from clinicians office.
· Uses customer service skills to work effectively with clinician staff to obtain current insurance information.
· Candidate MUST be very meticulous and have excellent attention to detail.
· Answer patient calls and answer billing questions as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to accessioning.
Experience and Skills:
· Minimum 2 years experience
· Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD-9/ICD-10 preferred but not required
· Microsoft experience required
· Insurance Verification experience required
· Ability to use eligibility, claims status, and other resources
· Ability to work independently and as a team player, takes initiative to improve overall office operations
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
· MUST be comfortable being on the phone and have a professional attitude and verbal skills.
Must be able to Multi-Task and Meet Deadlines
Must be comfortable being on the phone and have a professional attitude and verbal skills
Must have drivers license
Must be comfortable around specimen samples