Assists or leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity for the 11 DOCSIS Regions of Charter Communications. Designs and establishes corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leader in staff development efforts. The incumbent will build moderate to complex products and features that directly improve/streamline DOCSIS Operational / Deployment & Support capabilities, ultimately to improve the consumer experience. The role will create innovative solutions by developing and implementing tools, apps and utilities.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience within the DOCSIS teams
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering (DOCSIS)
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations (DOCSIS)
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs and establishes corporate standards, develops and implements network
- enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/ systems/issues of high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides escalated tier support across organizations and to third party vendors, including on call.
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Coordinates activities/updates with Regional ISP teams
- Coaches less experienced staff (mentor).
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Cisco and/or Juniper work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Data network experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00PM to 5:00AM
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport, RF)
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet, DOCSIS (2.0 and later), RF technology, and Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, network protocols - OSPF/BGP/IS-IS/RIP, TCP/IP, and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Advanced Knowledge of network devices, network appliances, and network designing software, such as Visio
- Working knowledge of industry DOCSIS standards (3.0), CMTS devices (Arris, Casa, and Cisco)
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Able to use the following office equipment telephone, copier, fax, and calculator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
- Occasional travel as required
Posting ID: 582937620Posted: 2020-10-29