The Starbucks barista creates the Starbucks Experience for Bashas' customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.Job Responsibilities:
- Observe and support all store rules and company policies.
Ensure compliance with safety regulations, heath department and weights and measures requirements.
- Deliver legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a "customer comes first" attitude and engaging with the customer.
- Determine and respond to customer needs.
- Provide quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and refunds.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and the mission of both Bashas' and Starbucks.
- Maintain a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to maintain a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Anticipate customer and store needs.
- Follow Bashas' operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all members.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace so that members can locate inventory and product as needed.
- Assist with new member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least16 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn how to mix a wide variety of coffee and tea products
- Learn the ingredients that go into those products.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to blend drinks and use necessary equipment, including coffee/espresso/cappuccino makers,
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift 30 lbs. and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Work with Starbucks ingredients including various coffees, teas, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
Posting ID: 564858728Posted: 2020-08-07