Business Development Director-Managed Services
The position of Business Development Director (Managed Services), reporting to the Vice President, is responsible for new business development. Included in his/her responsibilities are sales lead prospecting, evaluation of business opportunities, coordination of sales support and company efforts with prospects, development of proposals and sales contracts, and closing sufficient new business to meet or exceed sales goals. This position will target the southeastern region.
• Identification and development of new sales opportunities within assigned territory.
• Development of territory sales plan including targeted accounts, goals and strategies
• Management of individual sales prospects from initial contact through contract execution
• Preparation of sales proposals, contracts and other documents
• Planning and leadership of the efforts of company resources in support of sales efforts.
• Interaction with industry consultants and business partners to identify sales opportunities.
• Continuous accountability for the status of all sales prospects within territory.
• Continuous objective evaluation of the viability of individual sales prospects.
• Disengaging as early as possible from prospects unlikely to result in a sale.
• Ongoing documentation of all sales contacts and prospect action plans
• Efficient management of sales related expenses in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Participation in Industry trade events
• Work closely with Managed Services Division service and support teams such as field-based engineers, network operations center analysts, sales operations, and marketing
• Other duties assigned by the Regional Vice President
• Self-starter that can succeed under limited supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Consultative selling skills
• In-depth knowledge of banking industry and compliance regulations is a major plus
• Experience selling technology solutions that encompass managed and professional services
• Basic understanding of network security and network architecture
• Strong relationship building skills
• Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Excel, Outlook, web, databases)
• Executive presence to influence senior decision-makers
• Ability to develop and lead cross functional and virtual teams comprised of various areas of company
• Minimum of 5 years of business to business sales experience is preferred
• A Bachelor's degree in business marketing, economics or related field, or equivalent industry experience is preferred