Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Responsible for the overall appearance funeral home locations building maintenance and grounds keeping including but not limited to painting, unclogging drains, facility initial issue diagnosis, and simple repairs and maintenance tasks.JOB RESPONSIBILITIESBuilding Maintenance
Landscaping and Grounds Keeping
- General interior and exterior building maintenance including cleaning, carpet cleaning, mopping, unstopping drains, painting, replacing light bulbs and lighting, water leaks, and minor repairs
- Assess issue and repairs or recommends outside vendor
- Cleans and maintains handyman tools, ladders, extension cords, etc. ensuring equipment is in working order
- Maintains supply of cleaning products requested re-orders as needed
- Follows safety protocols to protect self, coworkers, and public
- Maintain manicured, safe, and debris free landscaping, grounds, walkways, and drives including but not limited to cutting grass, using weed eaters/edger, leaf blowers, planting seasonal flowers, laying sod.
- Monitors and repairs sprinkler system
- Observe safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations and Safety and Environmental guidelines
- Washing and cleaning all funeral home vehicles
- Loading and unloading of caskets
- High school education or GED
- Trade school preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Handyman, painter, plumbing preferred
Work CONDITIONSWork Environment
- Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer and leaf blower
- Ability to use accurately measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yardstick, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and careful manner
- Ability to effectively work with others to accomplish tasks
- Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Moderate odors, dust, odor, pollen or fumes may cause discomfort and/or irritation to eyes or respiratory passages
- Loud noise from equipment/machines is at a level where ear protection is recommended
- Frequent, continuous periods of time standing, up 8 hours per day
- Climbing stairs to access buildings frequently
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required
- Carrying and/or lifting materials up to 75 pounds
- Working beyond "standard" hours as the need arises
Postal Code: 11776
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-NY - Port Jefferson StationReq ID:
Part timeWho we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 562124975Posted: 2020-07-31