This position is classified as non-exempt and reports to the Assistant Manager, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager.
Cooks are directly responsible for creating a great guest experience by consistently serving quality food in a timely manner. You will receive and stock inventory, prepare, cook and assemble orders, keep the kitchen clean and organized, and maintain food safety and quality standards by following standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and values associated with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
- Complete all training requirements including:
- Zaxby’s Learning Center Learning Plan
- Hands-on stations training
- Any additional training required by Zax LLC
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic service for all guests
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Enthusiastically represent the Zaxby’s brand
- Assist with guest service and front of house operations
- Prepare menu items according to company standards and in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure food and beverages are handled according to safety regulations and guidelines
- Safely operate food preparation and cooking equipment
- Maintain product levels in assigned stations in order to be prepared for immediate needs
- Prepare and cook food items according to company standards
- Accurately assemble and package guest orders
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Assist with inventory and storage management
- Receive and stock incoming inventory deliveries
- Hold and store food items following food safety guidelines
- Inform management when inventory is needed
- Clean and organize storage areas
- Other responsibilities
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency, in a timely manner
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
At Zax LLC, we have core values that drive our business. We stick to these values to make sure that we are moving in the right direction. By using these values as guidelines in everything you do, you’ll help keep Zax LLC unique and special.
- Guest Focused – Our success is linked to satisfied guests. We will keep the guest at the center of everything we do.
- Develop Talent – We recognize that people are our most important asset. We strive to attract, motivate, recognize, and develop the best, diverse talent possible.
- Operational Excellence – We execute our systems with excellence. We strive to achieve the highest quality possible in everything that we do.
- Continuous Improvement – We deliver what we promise but strive to deliver more than is expected. We will embrace change when it allows us to improve excellence.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to work a minimum of 9 hours per week
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship on the company will be considered.
- Sit, stand, and walk continuously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception and judgment to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
Posting ID: 560210356Posted: 2020-06-11