MedTrans (Medline Industries)
Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A
is currently accepting applications for Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Prattville, AL. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver s license and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A for our location in Prattville, AL.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Compensation for the Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A
- Average annual salary $50,000 - $60,000/year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $16.50 - $17.50/hour, based on experience, with progression to $19.50/hour ($0.50 increase every 6-months for the first 2-3 years).
- Monthly safety bonus that can equate to an additional $1-$2/hour. Incentives are attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 40 hours per week. Typically work 45-50 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A
- Full benefits after only30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- 401k retirement enrollment begins on first day of employment.
Requirements of the Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
Work Schedule for the Local Route Truck Driver CDL Class A
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver s License, with air brakes endorsement and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: food service, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
- Start times may vary, typically between midnight-4am
- No layovers; home every day
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 6-10 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate, and 2 wheel hand cart
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
Apply Online Below
Posting ID: 609366663Posted: 2021-02-27