Pope Transport is seeking an Assistant Terminal Manager for the Selma, NC Terminal. This position will help oversee petroleum fuel trucking operations in North Carolina and Virginia. This position is responsible for dispatching, customer service, helps monitor and ensure compliance with DOT, Federal and State regulations, and enforces the Company's safety program. This position helps recruit, train and manage a driver force of approximately 50 drivers.
A qualified applicant must have exceptional technical and computer skills. Experience in transportation software such as TMW and Peoplenet is a huge plus but not required. Excellence in communication, leadership, organization is also required.
This position offers an excellent pay and benefits package including:
• Bonus Program
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
• 401(K) with 50% Match (up to 4%)
• Dental / Life / Disability
• Paid time off
• Flexible Schedule
Pope Transport is a leading carrier in the petroleum transportation industry and is a division of E.J. Pope & Son, Inc. We are proud to have recently celebrated over 100 years in business. We have a family culture and are looking to add this new position to help manage our growth in this everchanging industry.
* Maintain a valid Drivers License.
* Must pass a pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Pre-employment Skills Test).
* Work in conditions that will require the physical and mental capabilities to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
* Detailed oriented and problem solving.
* Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* The work site environment is in a non-smoking facility.
* The position helps recruit, train and manage a driver force of approximately 50 drivers.
* Knowledge of customer service methods and techniques.
* Skilled in oral and written communications.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English Language. Perform mathematical calculations and must have mental ability to handle receipts; read maps, create reports, maintain records, etc.
* Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
* Ability to work independently with some direction.
* Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
Posting ID: 560913271Posted: 2020-07-14