- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Basic knowledge of DOT regulations; One plus year(s) Class A CDL driving experience; City driving experience; Electric pallet jack experience; Electric pallet jack experience a plus
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Must have no commercial DUI/DWI on record, Must have no personal DUI/DWI on record within previous 5 years.
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
- Verify that the dock door and the trailer are safe and secured prior to unloading the trailer.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and the availability to work the times, shifts, days and overtime needed to meet the company's production needs.
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules - including the safe operation of equipment, following all company policies for the return and delivery process and helping to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Ensure the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized at all times.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed and assigned.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT medical requirements.
- Drive tractor trailers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow all local, state and federal driving laws and Department of Transportation regulations and promptly report all driving violations to company management.
- Load and unload pallets, products and equipment using pallet jacks according to proper procedures.
- Possess the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
- Build positive relationships with store personnel by working efficiently, assisting customers in the unloading process, communicating issues effectively and accepting feedback.
- Provide excellent customer service by interacting in a professional, friendly and helpful manner while in the stores.
- Communicate with logistics and warehouse operations personnel to efficiently facilitate the dispatching process.
- Communicate with supervision regarding safety, equipment, damaged goods and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Perform safety checks on equipment at appropriate times, including trailer temperature checks.
Posting ID: 564987306Posted: 2020-08-11