This position will primarily be based in Renton, WA and will require travel to areas in and out the state. This position will report to the Senior Program Manager or designee. This position provides installation, alteration, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment within the electrical construction industries.
Auto req ID
Ahtna Global, LLC
Job Location (State)
External & Internal
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Perform all electrical tasks with general supervision, and possesses minimum EJ License for repairs and for new installs
* Ability to read blueprints and drawings, terminate cable, install and trouble shoot control wiring
o Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
* Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
* Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring, and operating principles of motors
* Able to demonstrate experience factors exceeding an electrical helper and must be sufficient on rough-in work
* Repair or replace portable generators
* Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
* Maintains up-to-date inspection and maintenance logs
* Establish schedules and methods for providing facility electrical maintenance services; identify resource needs and reviews needs with appropriate management staff
* Knowledge of local electrical codes and perform all work in conformance to applicable Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations
* Maintains open communications with the Facility Manager regarding all work activities, as well as makes recommendations for repairs and improvements facility maintenance processes
* Performs other facility electrical maintenance, repair, and inspection services as assigned
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Valid Journey Worker Electrician's (EJ) License
* Three (3) years of previous Journeymen Electrician's work
* Knowledge of principles and practices of safety management
* Knowledge of and ability to use tools of office automation, including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, data bases and buildings management software
* Knowledge of pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules
* Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to pass a pre-employment physical (including a drug test)
* Ability to use common hand tools, power tools, and other related equipment
* Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
* Ability to pass background check for Federal Agency to obtain security access badging
* Candidates must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Electrical Administrators License
* Experience and knowledge of Alaska Native cultures
* OSHA 10 Training Certificate
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
Physical Demands (Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.)
* Frequent lifting, sitting, standing, stooping for prolonged periods of time, using hands/fingers requiring dexterity, should have good hand-eye coordination and motion control in coordination with handling tools, equipment, and other related components.
* Reaching with hands and arms for items above and below sight level, talking, hearing (frequently communicates with field personnel via various modes, i.e. radio; must be able to relay accurate information), and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus); walking from place to place within the project location with occasional use of stairs and no elevator available; bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling and standing for up to 12 hours.
* Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds such as small electrical components, equipment, and other materials.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. To the extent practicable in a field setting, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
Work is typically performed in an indoor environment, with some activities being completed outside. There is exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Ahtna Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or protected veteran status. Native preference applies under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.